Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Old friends and new friends

There have been a few visitors from Australia in the last month. Simon & Skye on the way to touring through Central America, Rafi, who was here for a couple of weeks and my not so little cousin Richie.

Simon & Skye were here very briefly, but we managed to hang out a couple of times. Rafi was here for a few weeks and we had a lot fun: going to the basketball (the Knicks from a corporate box), hanging out in bars on the Lower East Side, the West Village, Flatiron, and Murray Hill (amongst others). Astoria in Queens even got a visit! We also went to a Shabbat dinner for International people, which was very entertaining.
Cousin Richie and I caught up on each other's lives and hung out a bit. My concierge still asks about my cousin with the crazy hair!
I also made some new friends recently, some cool if not adventurous girls. I'n not sure I want to play the "I Never" game with them again! One's a native New Yorker but the other two are from Sweden. The girl on the far right looks an awful lot like a younger Anna Nicole Smith!
And I went Ice skating in Central Park - two whole laps! I realized why it's been around 20 years since I last ice skated and decided that 2 laps was more than enough for me!
Weather here has been a bit schizophrenic with some days being 18 degrees (celsius) and others reaching as low as minus 9 degrees! At the moment its about average at 1 degree, not the most pleasant! But the nice thing is even though it can be this cold, the sun can still shine!

No comments: